BAILEY BENT TAB STUD
The BAILEY BENT TAB STUD Bridging Channel System helps reduce material and labour costs.
The BAILEY BENT TAB STUD Bridging Channel System is a new innovative and patented steel stud that eliminates the need for traditional bridging clips and reduces on-site material and labour costs. The patented design incorporates a bendable tab into the knockout of the stud. The bendable tab is bent perpendicular to the stud allowing the cold rolled channel to pass through the knockout opening. In this system, the bent tab gets attached to the bridging channel utilizing a single screw only.
- Exterior curtain wall applications that are subjected to wind load only
- Interior non-loadbearing drywall partitions
- BAILEY designed, tested and patented product
- Available steel stud web widths: 3 5/8”, 6” and 8”
- Available in .033” (20ga) - .068”(14ga) material thickness
- Comparative tests have established that the BAILEY BENT TAB STUD Bridging Channel System can be used in place of the traditional Clip Angle Bridging Channel System
- Current Bailey limiting heights tables apply
- Reduces material costs by eliminating the use of bridging clips and additional fasteners
- Improved installation time by requiring only a single fastener to attach the stud to the bridging channel
- Bend knockout tab perpendicular (90°) to the steel stud
- Pass the bridging channel through the open stud knockout
- Attach the bent tab to the bridging channel with one screw
- The BAILEY BENT TAB STUD Bridging Channel System uses the common designator method but modifies the code slightly to reflect the fact that the stud is tabbed “ST (stud tabbed).
The BAILEY BENT TAB STUD Bridging Channel System was developed to be used in place of the traditional Clip Angle Bridging Channel System. The critical stage during construction is when only outside sheathing is provided and the wind can cause compression of the unsupported stud flanges. After inside sheathing is applied, lateral torsional buckling of the studs is prevented.
In order to establish the structural performance/integrity of the BAILEY BENT TAB STUD Bridging Channel System in comparison to the traditional Clip Angle Bridging Channel System, physical tests were carried out at ArcelorMittal Dofasco under uniformly distributed loading. As can be observed from the comparative tests, the strength of the BAILEY BENT TAB STUD Bridging Channel System is equal to or greater in comparison to the Clip Angle Bridging Channel System.