The Bailey Backer Bar was specifically designed to meet the demand for the attachment of multiple items and heavier items to interior partitions.
• Wall-Mounted Televisions
• Hospital Handrails
• Towel and Shower Bars
• Cabinets and Shelves
Features and Benefits
• Exceeds the National Building Code of Canada (NBCC) load requirements for grab bars
• Offers approximately twice the load capacity of traditional plywood backing systems
• Ultimate load capacity of over 1100 lbs., with or without gypsum board
• Installs quickly and easily
• Available in 12", 16" and 24" spacing
• For use on non-loadbearing or loadbearing studs
Performance Test Results
The performance of the new Backer Bar was tested* against 20 gauge flat strap, site cut 3/4" plywood, and proprietary plywood backing systems. In every case, the Bailey Backer Bar demonstrated superior performance, and exceeded NBCC design criterion for grab bars.
*Tested in accordance with CSA S136-12 and NBCC sections 18.104.22.168.1.0, 22.214.171.124, and 126.96.36.199