Location: Bailey West Inc. - Surrey, BC
Reports To: Director of BC Operations
Founded in 1950 by Sam Bailey, The Bailey Group of Companies (BGC) is a family owned and operated Canadian company recognized as an industry leader. With manufacturing locations in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, and British Columbia, the BGC has grown tremendously over the past 70+ years, producing roll-formed products and providing steel slitting services for the commercial and residential construction industry. Our people, products and industry are our pride while innovation and our customers are at the core of our business. Our associates are the key to achieving our vision of being the leaders in this industry, which is why we work hard to create a safe and healthy work environment where associates can achieve growth and development. Apply now, for this exciting opportunity!
Why Join Our Team?
- Market competitive remuneration package
- Employer paid comprehensive benefit package
- RRSP matching program
- Education support program
- On the job training
- Employee referral program
- Personal protective equipment allowance
The main purpose of the Shipping Coordinator is to ensure that the materials are dispatched while meeting shipping schedules. This role is also responsible for ensuring that incoming and outgoing shipping activities are performed accurately, completely, properly and with high productivity. This is accomplished by determining the appropriate shipping methods for each work assignment.
What you'll do:
- Assist with determining shipping priorities/schedule, work assignments and shipping routes, methods and arrange shipping; prepare bills of lading, export documentation, manifests etc.
- Ensure paperwork and shipping documents are processed accurately through the SAP system
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents recording shortages and rejecting damaged goods
- Coordinate with various carriers, negotiate and compare quotes before placing orders
- Participate in the HR and Health and Safety processes by promoting teamwork, coaching employees, and being a safety advocate
What you’ll need:
- 5-7 years of dispatching experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School diploma
- Experience working in a unionized environment is preferred
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Able to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented plant environment
- Able to physically lift material up to 50lbs
- Able to operate forklift safely
- Able to work overtime as required
Learn more about us at https://www.bmp-group.com/. To apply, submit your resume to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing and maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified
candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
View job posting pdf at the link below:
Shipping Coordinator - Surrey, BC