Job Title: SAP Business Systems Analyst for SAP S4 HANA Sales Distribution
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited – Concord
Department: Information Systems
Reports to: Director Information Systems
Job Purpose Summary
The SAP Business Analyst is responsible for evaluating, designing, and implementing SAP (Systems Applications
and Products) software programs for Bailey Metal Products to help manage such areas as sales, distribution,
inventory, production, and marketing within a single program. The specific focus for this role will be on the SAP
S4 SD (Sales & Distribution) and MM (Materials Management) modules and functionality. The first key function
will be to lead and work, as a member of the project team, to upgrade the current SAP ECC system to S4 HANA.
The primary responsibility of this role is to implement and develop core business processes in Order Fulfillment,
Logistics with integration to Finance, and Materials Management. Provide analysis of enterprise resources
planning, customer relationship, financial, and supply chain management practices and strategies to determine
how to apply SAP software programs.
The incumbent can make changes to or customize existing programs or
add new programs to existing platforms. The SAP Business Analyst can also train associates in the use of the
SAP software. The success of this role relies on a good mix of technical, business, and interpersonal skills and
the ability to differentiate between business processes and the technologies that enable them.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position will be to lead as a technical and functional expert in
analyzing, designing, and developing solutions for SAP enhancements and continuous process improvement, but
not limited to:
- Provide leadership and work with the project team to ensure the successful upgrade of the current SAP ECC
system to S4 HANA.
- Perform process impact analysis as well as related SAP functional/technical activities (blueprint, design,
prototype, test, cut over and deploy) for continuous improvement enhancement requests, with a specific
focus on SAP SD and MM.
- Provide business systems support for SAP SD, SAP MM and other SAP modules and applications external to
SAP, i.e., SharePoint etc., along with working knowledge to assist the Network Systems Analyst with
Desktop configuration and support, when applicable.
- Working with users to define user requirements, functional requirements, and technical specifications, as
well, as provide user training when needed.
- Lead Fit-Gap analysis and documenting AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
- Reviewing and analyzing solution enhancement requests to determine complexity.
- Developing user and technical specifications to support development of approved solutions.
- Authoring and execution of test scripts, required to maintain a validated system state.
- First point of contact for any SAP User related issues.
- Recommend strategies that are both compliant and efficient in accordance with company compliance
- Hands on responsibility in developing and demonstrating SAP capabilities by preparing and delivering
demos, authoring training materials and delivering training.
- Must be client focused working in a team-oriented environment, as well as possess ability to work
autonomously reporting priorities and progress to management.
- Work on various interrelated projects consisting of end-to-end system architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related study — or equivalent working
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in IS.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in SAP ECC 6.0 and at least 1 year of experience with S4 HANA.
- Minimum of 3 years of strong configuration and modifications experience in SAP SD and SAP MM.
- In-depth experience in designing and implementing information solutions.
- Ensures alignment of data architecture with data governance policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help support the requirements, design,
documentation processes align to specification.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to create marketing and messaging materials that meet
- Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
- Desire strong motivation to rapidly learn and implement new technologies.
- Working knowledge and exposure to computer support and configuration.
- Experience with SQL DB or HANA is a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Reporting tools (SQL Reporter, Tableau) is a plus.
- Experience with Winshuttle is a plus. Experience in Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools is an asset.
- Experience in SAP FI, WM, TM, APO would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of EDI would be an asset.
- Familiarity with business process models is a plus.
View job posting PDF below:
SAP Business Systems Analyst for SAP S4 HANA Sales Distribution - Concord, ON