Job Title : Back End/Bander
Division: Bailey Metal Processing
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Job Purpose Summary
The main purpose of this position is to ensure the uninterrupted throughput of material within Bailey Metal Processing Limited.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Meeting schedules
- Working within a team environment
- Ensuring all aspects of work are done with an eye to Safety, Quality & Production in that order
The Back End Slitter Bander is primarily responsible for all activities around the recoiler including the Overarm, Coil Buggy and Turnstile. He/she is responsible to assist loading material into the recoiler, help set up the line and to remove material from the recoiler. He/she will be assigned the tasks by the Slitter Operator who is responsible to ensure the whole team works cooperatively and all Bander related tasks are performed.
Job progression may include Set-up Operator or Assistant Operator.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Back End Duties
- Setting up the slitter overarms correctly to the proper size provided on the work order.
- Secure coils on the recoiler with per banding/taping requirements.
- Ensure stickers are on appropriate cuts
- Change Separator Arms
- Operate the crane safely, only if trained and certified and comply with all crane safety rules.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping and maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Dragboard maintenance
- All other duties appropriate to the position as assigned or required by the supervisor
- Package coils based on the customers’ requirements provided on the work order including skids, stand-up, spacers etc.
- Ensure materials are readily available and supplied for packaging line (papered skids, spacers)
- Operate all packaging line machinery as designed.
- Complete packagers checklist (inputting skid info, lift tag creation, tag skidded slits, weight calculation for mults/slits)
- Fill packagers banding trays with clips, spacers and tape
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
The individual should be able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting all safety requirements. The work assigned must be completed correctly and in a timely manner. The individual must physically be able to lift materials up to 50 pounds.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) must be worn as recommended. This includes wearing CSA approved steel toe safety shoes at all times. Will also include Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection; arm guards/long sleeved shirt & full length pants. Do not wear loose clothing while operating any machinery. No loose jewellery.
- Ensure that co-workers work safely and report all unsafe practices.
- No equipment, tools, machinery will be used without authorization and training.
- Do not place hands or fingers near rolls during jogging operation to avoid pinch points.
- Workers must be alert to all forklift and crane traffic and movement in the plant areas.
- At no time will an employee walk under a raised lift of materials.
- All manual handling will be performed using proper safe techniques.
- Report all hazards, accidents, incidents and near misses promptly to the supervisor.
- Comply with all Bailey’s safety program requirements including ESRTW (Early & Safe Return to Work), Lockout, Pre-use inspection, etc. as delineated in Health and Safety Manual & Employee Handbook.
- Comply with all safety rules, cardinal safety rules, and equipment specific safety rules.
- Report any damages to the radiation devices immediately.
- Comply with radiation safety program and procedures
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent, and previous experience manufacturing industry
- Excellent command of the English language including strong verbal and written communication
- Good mathematical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and the ability to work effectively within a team as well as work independently as needed
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to engage in routine walking, standing, bending for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform various physical duties as assigned
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
View job posting PDF below:
Job Posting - Back End-Bander
Please reference the Job Posting when sending your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive salaries and benefits for all of our positions. If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com