HDG & ESS Side Mount Brick Connectors
Bailey offers two brick connector systems consisting of steel tie plates, V wires and fasteners. Both systems include "side mount" style tie plates that attach directly to the web of steel studs. This ensures that fasteners are located in the warm, dry cavity and loaded in shear.
Hot-Dip-Galvanized after fabrication system. Galvanized HDG connectors typically exceed CSA A370-94 galvanized coating standards by 100%
Economical Stainless Steely system. Stainless ESS connectors at minimum grade 304 stainless provide ultimate durability in marine and other aggressive environments.
Tie plates are available in a variety of lengths to accommodate varying exterior sheathing/insulation thicknesses.
• Engineered to meet CSA A370 and CSA S304.1.
• HDG-3 connectors use grade 50 class 1 steel with 50 KSI minimum yield.
• ESS connectors exceed 50 KSI minimum yield stainless
• In tests, Bailey Brick Connectors limit any critical 'free play' to significantly below the CSA Standard of up to 1.2mm.
• The Bailey Brick Connector adjustable design provides flexibility of up to 2" differential between the stud wall and the brick veneer.
• The patented positioning tab design ensures simple, rapid and accurate installation.
• Bailey Brick Connectors greatly improve connection strength with a direct web connection placing the fastener in shear.
• Bailey Brick Connectors have a unique patented design providing a combination of superior performance and economics.
• HDG-3 and ESS Connectors are universal to all Bailey steel framing systems.
• HDG-3 and ESS Connectors are designed to work with Bailey systems from 3 5/8" through to 8", 1 5/8" flange and all exterior sheathing and insulation systems.